Atlas America Insurance provides coverage for non-U.S. citizens traveling outside their home country for a minimum of 10 days up to a maximum of two years.
Atlas America Insurance® offers a broad range of benefits including:
- In-patient hospitalization, medical diagnostic expenses, surgery (up to Policy Maximum)
- Out-patient doctor office expenses (up to Policy Maximum)
- Intensive care (Usual, reasonable and Customary charges)
- Prescription Drugs (up to Policy Maximum)
- Emergency Medical Evacuation(up to $500,000)
- Political Evacuation (up to $10,000 Lifetime Maximum)
- Repatriation (up to overall maximum limit)
- Common Carrier Accidental Death – Not subject to deductible or coinsurance; Up to age 18 – $25,000 per member; Age 18 through 69 – $50,000 per member; Age 70 to 74 – $12,500 per member; Age 75 and older – $6,250
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (excludes loss due to common carrier accident; 250,000 maximum benefits per any one family or group.) Under 18: $5,000; 18-69: $50,000; 70-74: $12,500; Above 75: $6,250.
- Terrorism Coverage ($50,000 Maximum Lifetime Limit, Eligible Medical Expenses only)
This insurance plan is available to non-US Citizens only. They should be at least 14 days of age to be eligible for coverage under this plan.
Individuals who are in the age group – 70 to 79 as of the Certificate Effective Date are subject to a $50,000, $100,000 Overall Maximums. Individuals who are in the age group – 80 and over as of the Certificate Effective Date are subject to a $10,000 Overall Maximum.
Atlas Travel Rate (Valid through 12/31/2010)
Click here to know more about the rider options, rates and other terms.
- PPO Network: With the Atlas America plan, one uses Multiplan PHCS PPO Network within the U.S.
- Renewal: Policies can be renewed online before the expiration date of the plan. Only the policies that are purchased for 5 or more days online, are eligible for renewal. The renewal fee is $5. A new plan must be bought only after 12 months of coverage.
- Cancellation: If a wirriten request is provided prior to the start of the plan, a full refund of the premium is possible. If no claim has been submitted for reimbursement and the written request is received after the plan Effective Date of coverage, then the unused portion of the plan cost may be refunded after the deduction of the cancellation fee.
Atlas America Insurance Review:
Reviews by clients and our staff indicate that the Atlas America Insurance is one of the few plans in the market for US visitors that offers 100% Co-insurance within the PPO Network. In other words if one seeks treatment within the plan’s preferred network of hospitals and doctors then the plan can cover 100% of the eligible expenses (most other plans require you to share some responsibility and insist that you pay up to 10% or 20% of the first $5,000 in expenses.
Our Agency Staff has often observed that the plan is comprehensive and provides high benefits for the premium.
Atlas America Insurance Experience:
There are several thousand foreign visitors seeking protection under the plan. Our staff is often asked about Atlas America Insurance experience in the past.
Achala S, who was visiting her children in the US said, ‘I cut my finger quite badly in the kitchen; it was a bad cut and I had to get some help. I sought help at Patient’s First, I gave them my Atlas America insurance ID card and the Doctor & Nurse took care of my cut finger. In about 3 weeks the insurance company had paid off Patient’s First; and I was sent a bill for the deductible amount of $250 that I paid off.’